Things To Do in Calgary in October
Wednesday, October 15, 2014
We'd like to make the following recommendations for things to do if you happen to be in Calgary for the latter half of October.
- The Spruce Meadows Harvest Classic takes place between the 16th and 19th of October indoors at the Equi-Plex. Competitions range from 0.9 metres to 1.4 metres. Food and beverages will be available.
- Be at BMO Centre in Stampede Park between the 17th and the 19th for this year's Calgary Tattoo & Arts Festival. Over 200 artists will entertain at the 11th festival of its kind.
- Head to the BMO Centre in Stampede Park for the adult-only Rocky Mountain Wine & Food Festival on the 17th and 18th. 200 tasting booths with the best national and international wines, beers and spirits.
- On the 18th and 19th, head to the Markin MacPhail Centre at Canada Olympic Park for the Anti-Aging and Wellness Expo. It will feature informative presentations, demonstrations of treatments and some treatment sessions. No one interested in external beauty or internal wellbeing of both men and women should miss out.
- The Spruce Meadows Oktoberfest between the 23rd and 26th will feature competitions of 0.9 to 1.4 metres. It will be held in the indoor Equi-Plex.
- Take the kids to Heritage Park for Ghouls' Night Out between October 23 and 26 for broom flying lessons, witches' stories, fortune Tellers, a toy shop of horrors, and much more.
- October 25 is the last performance of the Pulitzer Prize-winning Play, Doubt: A Parable. So head off to the Rosebud Theatre before you miss it.
- From the 29th to the 31st, have dinner at the Wainwright Hotel followed by a ghost tour through the dark and deserted streets of Heritage Park's Historical Village.
Do you have any must-see events that you recommend?
View more articles like this.