Things to Do in Calgary This July
Thursday, July 2, 2015
With soaring temperatures and bright sunny days, there’s no doubt that summer has arrived in Calgary. Here’s a round up of ways to celebrate summer this July.
- The Calgary Stampede has already begun, and will continue until July 12. Pull your boots on, and join the stampede to the grounds!
- Music in the Plaza , the popular free concert series at Heritage Park Historical Village, is back featuring more of Alberta’s finest musical talent. Concerts take place every Wednesday evening, from July 8 to August 26 at the Engineered Air Bandstand – rain or shine.
- The Olympic Plaza hosts Fiestaval, a multicultural arts and entertainment festival that highlights Latin American communities, on July 17, 18 and 19.
- The 8th annual Calgary Turkish Festival takes place at Eau Claire Festival Plaza July 17 to 19. Sample authentic Turkish dishes, get a henna tattoo, and enjoy live music, folk dances and whirling dervishes!
- On July 23, 24 and 25, during Milky Way Nights, you can look skyward along with the Rothney Observatory astronomers between 10 pm and 2 am when the dark sky conditions are perfect for viewing planetary nebula, globular clusters and distant galaxies.
- Attention “tarpies”- the ever-popular Calgary Folk Festival is back at Prince's Island Park from July 23 to 26 featuring 76 musical icons and new talents from 16 countries on eight stages.
- The Calgary Stampeders, 2014 Grey Cup Champions, are celebrating fans and families with special game days in July:
- Monday, July 13 is Fan Appreciation Night. There will be prize giveaways including autographed footballs and sideline passes. And every time the Stamps score a touchdown, your entire row could win team jerseys!
- Saturday, July 18 is Family Day. Bring everyone down to the Dodge Fan Zone before the game to visit the Stamps photo booth with free printouts, jump in the bouncy castle and slide down the inflatables, dance with your favourite Outriders, and get a hug from Ralph the Dog!
Calgary knows how to do July right. This month is packed with western events, music, food, stars and sports. Don’t waste a minute of it!
View more articles like this.