What Is LinkedIn And Why Should You Be On It?
Friday, June 13, 2014
LinkedIn is a social network for people in the job market. Professionals from all over the world can connect with peers, colleagues and potential employers through the website. Though not as glamorous as Facebook or popular as Twitter, LinkedIn has gained tremendous popularity over the past few years. However, there is more to LinkedIn than just conversing with people in the same industry as you.
Here are some great reasons why you should be on it:
- LinkedIn is completely free to sign up for. The process of setting up your account is simple as well. It will only take you a few minutes to do so. So, there is nothing to lose.
- Business is all about networking. You can build your contact list and get in touch with people who are in the same line of work as you.
- Connect with business leaders. Most of the leading tycoons and businesspeople use LinkedIn regularly. You can follow what they have to say and even communicate with them through the social network.
- Creating an online presence can improve your chances of finding better employment. More employers are running online checks on potential employees.
- Get notified of exciting job opportunities that come up. Companies post their job openings on LinkedIn. Therefore, you might come across opportunities you may otherwise miss out on.
These aside, you can find professionals in virtually every industry or business. LinkedIn is perhaps the most organized social network of all. So just because it is a social network doesn’t mean that you should take it lightly. It won’t help only brands enhance their online presence, but also individuals to find better employment opportunities.
So, these are some of the reasons that you should be on LinkedIn. It is quite probable that you are using Facebook, Twitter and at least three more social networks. Add one more to the list. The difference is that this one could actually give your career the boost it needs.