Things to Do in Calgary This June
Monday, June 1, 2015
As we make our way into the beautiful summer months, there is much to take in around the bustling city of Calgary. Grab your calendars and get ready to plan your month of fun!
- Join other adult Calgarians on June 11 for TELUS Spark's Adults Only Night. Held on the second Thursday of every month, TELUS Spark is open for extended hours, from 6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Each event features a different theme and you'll enjoy access to a licensed bar and music throughout the evening.
- The Millarville "Run To the Farmers' Market" Half Marathon takes place on Saturday, June 13 at the Millarville Racetrack in support of the non-profit Millarville Racing & Agricultural Society. In fact, there are a number of Calgary running events in June that you might want to take part in.
- Help your child discover a new sport. Calgary's All Sport One Day will be held on Saturday, June 20. During this event, thousands of children can try different activities from Acrobatic Dance to Wushu. Wondering what Wushu is? Head over to the site and find out!
- The kids will love the travelling exhibition of "Dinosaurs in Motion", which ends on June 28. Visitors have the opportunity to engage with and learn from 14 magnificent, life-sized metal dinosaur sculptures inspired by and anatomically based on actual fossils, and created from recycled materials!
- Monty Python fans will revel in Spamalot, a spoof ripped from the classic Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Now playing at Stage West until Sunday, June 21.
- On Father's Day weekend, bring Dad to the Wings & Wheels event at the Aero Space Museum of Calgary. See inside aircraft on display, view vintage cars and take part in lots of family activities.
- Theatre Calgary continues its summer Shakespeare tradition in one of our most beautiful parks, Prince's Island. Catch The Tempest from June 23 to August 16. Admission is Pay-What-You-Will.
- If you love the indie music scene, don't miss Sled Island. Included in TIME Magazine's Top 14 festivals to check out in 2014, Sled Island is an annual music and arts festival in Calgary that brings together over 300 bands, artists, comedians and filmmakers in more than 30 venues across the city. Sled Island runs from June 24 to 28.
For more good times in June, head over to VisitCalgary.com.
View more articles like this.