Summer Shopping Ideas
Tuesday, May 27, 2014
Before winter we stock up on necessities like jackets and blankets, but summer shopping is much more fun. Here are some ideas for your summer shopping list:
- Summer is the time when we go out much more often and when we do not hide our clothes under jackets and sweaters. Light fashionable summer clothes must be on every family's summer shopping list. This should at least include shorts, skirts, colourful sleeveless or short-sleeved tops and sandals. You also want to throw in some swimsuits, probably a one-piece and a two-piece version.
- Remember to clean up your nails and hair now that you are shedding the mittens, headgear and scarves. Buy a variety of nail polishes.
- Summer means grilling and outdoor parties. Stock up on a good selection of liquor if you enjoy cocktail parties. While you may already have a gas or charcoal grill, consider purchasing a smoker. It is perfect for keeping cold smoked meat in the fridge to use as a salad ingredient or to grab as part of a cold lunch. Ensure you have enough tongs, a barbecue spatula, a sauce brush, stainless steel skewers and grill wipes for cleaning. Paper plates and serviettes work well for those casual lazy garden picnics with the family.
- To liven up your outdoor entertaining area, buy some potted plants from your local nursery. Alternatively, buy some flowers and plant them around the garden. A few hammocks make the garden look inviting for lazy afternoon naps or reading. If you would rather spend money on the kids, a swing, trampoline, sandpit and Climbing Frame will never lose their magic.
- Start thinking of accessories for your summer holiday. Depending on your plans, these may include luggage, a road map, cooler bags, a Portable Grill for camping, picnic bags and blankets, an umbrella, hats, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Remember to buy the necessary accessories for your family's favorite summer sport and games. Buy enough balls for volleyball, tennis, baseball, softball or just to kick around. Running or good walking shoes are essential. Loungers and other games for the pool will have you swimming all season long.
Make a summer budget at the beginning of the season and involve the whole family in summer shopping.