Outdoor Barbeque Areas in Calgary
Tuesday, May 13, 2014
If you live in a condo or if you enjoy barbequing in public areas with recreational activities for the kids, these are some of the 47 outdoor picnic areas with their 416 barbeque sites:
- Bowness Park, with its playground and lagoon and paddle boats, promises a great day out with the family and an afternoon or summer evening barbeque.
- Carburn Park has good barbeque facilities. While waiting, take the kids on one of the three ponds in a canoe or paddleboats.
- Edworthy Park, with its Douglas Fir Trail and Lawrey Gardens, has plenty of fire pits and barbeque stands for the family.
- Fish Creek Provincial Park is surrounded by more activities than any family can enjoy in a single day. These include cycling, walking, swimming, boating and fishing. It also has picnic areas and fire pits at Glennfield, Shannon Terrace, Bebo Grove, Votier’s Flats and Hull’s Wood.
- North Glenmore Park has many fire pits and barbeque stands, and your family can remain entertained on the tennis courts, playgrounds and hiking and biking trails.
- Beaver Dam Flats, which borders the Bow River both north and south of Glenmore Trail, has a fire pit, playground and trails for walking and cycling.
- Pearce Estate Park, east of the Calgary Zoo along the Bow River, is a lovely wetland area with plenty of native animals and plant life. It also offers a fire pit.
- Prince's Island Park has picnic sites and fire pits, and the family can enjoy canoe access to the river, a playground, gardens and trails.
- Sandy Beach Park has numerous barbeque sites and the extra bonus of river access for swimmers and boaters.
- Shouldice Park, on the Bow River and with a great playground and lots of sporting activities in the athletic park, has picnic sites and barbeque stands available for families.
- Stanley Park has barbeque and picnic sites to satisfy those who swim at the outdoor pool and use the river for recreational activities.
Remember that alcohol is not allowed into the parks. Dogs on leaches are welcome, and pre-booking of barbeque sites is strongly encouraged.