The Fastest Street Cars in the World
Friday, April 4, 2014
If you love speed, and you love cars, and you have enough money, you may want to try to lay your hands on one of the fastest street-legal cars in the world. Then the only challenge remains finding a road on which you can drive it at that speed.
Here is a list of the fastest street cars in the world:
10. In tenth place on this super list, which is no small achievement, belongs to the British manufactured Noble M600, with its top speed of 360 km/h. It is known as a delicate car, so if you want to spend the $330,000, make sure your warranties are in order.
9. The German-manufactured Gumpert Apollo, with its modified 650 horsepower Audi engine, can go at 362 km/h, and costs $450,000.
8. The Danish-made Zenvo ST1 is next quickest. Its top speed is 374 km/h, it reaches 100 km/h in 2.9 seconds and it costs $1,225,000.
7. The British manufactured McLaren F1 has tested at 386 km/h, and it accelerates to 100 km/h in 3.2 seconds. This is amazing, considering that it was made in the mid 1990s.
6. Koenigsegg CCX, with a maximum speed of 394 km/h, is the first car by this Swedish manufacturer on the list. It sells for $545,568.
5. The Saleen S7 Twin-Turbo has a top speed of 399 km/h, and it can reach 100 km/h in 2.8 seconds. Its $555,000 may place it in reach of more buyers.
4. The SSC Ultimate Aero has a top speed of 413 km/h, and this American car held the world record between 2007 and 2010. Its 1183 horsepower engine can reach 100 km/h in 2.7 seconds, and it costs an impressive $654,400. It shares fourth place with the 9ff GT9-R, which has similar specifications.
3. The Bugatti Veyron EB, 16.4, at 415.2 km/h, is the world's third fastest street-legal car. It sports a 1001 horsepower engine and goes from 0 to 100 km/h in 2.5 seconds.
2. The Koenigsegg Agera R can reach 418 km/h and costs $1,600,000. It has a 5.0 litre V8 Engine that produces 1099 horsepower.
1. The fastest car is the Hennessey Venom GT. It can fly at 418 km/h and can reach 100 km/h in 2.5 seconds. It has a 1200 horsepower engine and a $950,000 price tag. It has not been independently tested, but the 418 km/h is the manufacturer’s lowest estimate of its maximum speed.