How to Make and share Your Own Winter Holiday Videos
Friday, December 13, 2013
You often see such beautiful things or do such unusual things on holiday that we want to record and share it. To do this, you need to record a video, edit it and upload it to the internet.
- The best hardware with which to make a video is an HD or high definition video camera. If you need to do this on a budget, most smart phones and still digital cameras can take videos, but the video quality is average. An adequate camera has a zoom lens of about 15x, has optical image stabilization, can record at a resolution of either 1080p or 1080i, can record in the MPEG-4 video file format and can transfer the files to your computer via Bluetooth or USB.
- Acquire a good video camera some time before your holiday, so you have enough time to practise and make your mistakes at home.
- Go on holiday and film whatever catches your attention.
- When you arrive back home, transfer all the videos to your computer.
- The next step is to use video editing software to edit long videos to a manageable length and size. You may also want to add commentary or a music soundtrack. If you want to do this with free software, you can use Windows Movie Maker, Lightworks, Kate's Video Toolkit or Avidemux. If you want to do professional editing with lots of specialised options, you will have to pay for software. Some of the best professional video editors are Apple Final Cut, CyberLink PowerDirector and Adobe Premiere Elements.
- Once you are done with your creation, save it in a format that is uploadable to most online video hosts. The most widespread options are the .flv, .WMV, .AVI and .MPEG4 formats.
- The two most popular online video hosts are Youtube and Vimeo. Create an account at your host of choice, following its upload instructions and upload your videos.
- Write down the website address of your video and send it to your friends.
- If you prefer to take still pictures, for which a much cheaper digital camera is sufficient, you can still make a video to share online. Use any of the above video editors to make a collage of your holiday photos over a music soundtrack. This will capture your holiday equally well.
Share your winter holiday with family and friends who cannot enjoy it with you.