How to Make an Emergency Roadside Kit
Friday, May 11, 2012
It is imperative to be ready for any emergency when traveling, and having an emergency roadside kit will ensure that you might have a few necessary items.
You can make your own emergency roadside kit which can be a bag or container kept in your car that can be easily stored.
Items recommended to be kept in your vehicle:
- License, registration, permit and insurance documentation.
- Emergency phone (or cell phone and charger).
- Tire removal tools and spare tire.
- Windshield washer fluid.
- Rags –for checking oil or for wiping your windshield off.
- Roadside assistance number.
- Food (Water, survival food that is calorie dense such as nuts, high calorie activity bars, non perishable items).
- Duct Tape.
- Sealant for tires – this may save you from changing your tire.
- Jumper cables.
- Snow/Ice Equipment.
- Shovel (you never know when you might have to dig yourself out).
- Flashlight and Reflectors.
- First Aid Kit.
- Warm wear: Blanket and extra clothing.
- Lighter or Matches (you never know when you might have to start a fire).
These items can be easily stored in your vehicle for times that you may need them. Although this is not an extensive list, these items will help in an emergency.